Procurement Hub, part of Places for People, has appointed Farrans Construction to its new £4.2bn Major Projects Framework.
The £4.2bn Major Projects Framework will be the second iteration, building upon the success and strengths of the current framework, providing a variety of construction work for a wide range of public sectors including local government, housing, health, transport, education and more.
The agreement will run for an initial four-year period, with the option for it to be extended for a further two years. The framework has been established with three regional lots covering Scotland, England and Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Farrans Construction has been appointed to Lot 3 (Northern Ireland).
Services & Experience
Farrans has significant experience of delivering high quality, user focused projects for clients through a range of frameworks across the UK and Ireland. The Major Projects Framework 2 allows the Northern Ireland public sector to take advantage of the fully Public Procurement Guidelines compliant process in order to modernise how projects are procured.
Features of the framework include
- transparent and low framework fees, which reduce for larger project values
- 100% of fees generated will be donated to charities, support social value projects, or be reinvested directly into the public sector
- low Carbon alternatives presented
- 100% renewable energy used on every site
- a minimum of 85% of project values will be available to local supply chains and SMEs
- mandated Modern Slavery Awareness training for contractors on each project
- fast payment of sub-contractors (within 19 days)
- up to eight jobs created per £5m of project value
- immediate starts to projects – no further competitions required
- support from Procurement Hub’s dedicated framework management team.