This project involved the installation of a hydroelectric turbine unit within the existing powerhouse.
NI Environment Agency
Works on this project involved:
- Construction of a new intake structure and inlet works at the entrance to the millrace
- Localised repairs to the existing Millrace
- Laying of a Penstock from the Millrace to the turbine house intake tunnel
- Working within the existing underground tunnel and turbine chamber
- Alteration works to the existing tailrace including the manufacture and fixing in position of screens
- Modifications within the powerhouse.
Services & Expertise
This project built on Farrans experience in the renewables sector, demonstrating the capabilities to adapt existing infrastructure to meet the needs of the future.