Farrans wins Best Place to Work at Construction News Workforce Awards 2022
While we have always known we have a pretty good thing going on at Farrans, it’s still very nice to hear it from the industry.
Last night we celebrated winning the Best Place to Work – Contractor at the Construction News Workforce Awards 2022, an excellent award on a national stage.
The event, formerly known as the CN Talent Awards, celebrated the outstanding achievements of those striving to make the construction industry and their organisations great places to work. Categories showcased both individual and organisation-wide initiatives to improve employment practices.
The judges praised Farrans and said:
“This company has demonstrated a clear understanding of EDI in its widest form. The breadth & depth of their activities (including training for emerging female leaders), along with policies reflecting current needs shows a dynamic approach and a truly great place to work.”
So how did we do it?
It is our holistic approach to delivering a career that’s right for you.
Farrans offers extensive development opportunities, including bespoke tool kits which outline pathways to career progression. With regular review opportunities throughout the year, you always know what you need to achieve to take the next step.
We facilitate opportunities to continually learn, whether directly on site, with a mentor or through our expert in-house training team.
We listen to our employees and we strive to make Farrans a great organisation to work for and a place where you can build a long-term career.
This year we:
- Launched a first of its kind mental health training course, treating mental health with the same responsiveness that we treat physical health.
- Invested in internal communications to provide visible senior leadership, swift responses to questions and a vision for the future.
- Delivered in house training, taking our highest number yet through our Emerging Leaders Programme, including 30% more females.
- Established our DNA network to build and maintain our inclusive and supportive culture.
- Acted on areas that matter most to our employees eg: reviewing our mileage policy, delivering a flexible working policy and a chartership bonus package.
- Continued to carry out employee surveys and implemented working groups to take forward actions.
See our vacancies and apply today.